Wednesday, December 28, 2005

October 2005 Update

Finally the rains bid adieu. This past week was dry and there is a crispness of autumn in the air. This month, the GSBG and others in Belgaon Dhaga hosted a marathon in which over 120 youth from the cluster villages participated including friends in the govt, private, and NGO sectors. The highlight was the training camp conducted by two grand old men who have retired from govt services and have committed their lives to training the youth in health care. On the economic side, there was a loan recovery problem with a saree vendor. The GSBG members took responsibility of handling the situation with care and prowess and, with her consent, a portion of her salary from her govt job will be deducted to repay the loan.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,

I am Maud, I m french and I spent few time in Belgaon one year ago to study this wonderful project.
I wrote a thesis about it and I will present it on friday 6th january to my school!
I m so pleased to discover this blog and to hear from Belgaon after so much time.
This project gave me a clear idea of what I wanted to do in the future. I have always been interested and commited in associative actions but I found in Belgaon the model of what it is really working to help people respecting them at the same time.
Congratulations belgaon, you made so many things during this past year!
and happy new year !

With Love

Maud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home